The Firespring Foundation provides support to organizations that reflect the funding priorities described below. Organizations must be designated as a 501(c)(3) organization by the IRS to be eligible for funding.
FUNDING PRIORITIES —
The Firespring Foundation supports organizations and programs committed to strengthening their communities. In general, we consider program support for organizations that:
- Explicitly state their intended impact.
- Have a proven record of accomplishing their goals.
- Demonstrate financial stability.
FUNDING RESTRICTIONS —
The Foundation will not provide funding for:
- Direct grants to individuals or scholarships to individuals.
- Political organizations.
- Sectarian religious activities.
- Capital campaigns, chairs or endowments.
- General operating funds for single-disease health groups.
- Goodwill advertising.